Thursday, November 11, 2021

 12 November              Quarantine day # 7


The walls are starting to close in a bit  but they're not bleeding (yet) so I guess I'm still OK.  NZ TV is OK but no Law and Order reruns,  Jepardey is on only occasionally and only one old Big Bang rerun a day.  My HBO doesn't work so all I have is Netflix and the voices.  Not The Voice but the voices.  You know.  Everybody knows.  Everybody hears.  Everybody sees!  Everybody!  Everything! All the time!  Right now I'd happily trade my favorite child for some tin foil and a colander.

 Of more concern is that my self imposed  socially acceptable time for my first drink of Scotch of the day has gradually drifted  from after 5 PM to after sunrise. Fortunatly I have an adequet supply so no worries there. But drinking a lot is a good thing because a full bladder is one of the few  things that gets my fat lazy ass of the couch.

 They let me outside for 50 minutes twice a day.  There is a small place to walk (21 laps / mile - 556 .5 laps / marathon)  Meals are delivered in a brown paper bag left at the door to my room three times a day.  The food is OK but I swear hand to God I will never ever take for granted Helen's miraculous  cooking skills again.  I miss my women.

No comments:

Post a Comment